Serving as your primary “backup” for an overfill situation, protecting and ensuring operability of your overfill equipment is crucial. The devices are built to stop or limit the flow of product into your tank, ensuring an “overfill” into your tank occurs.
You can have (3) types of overfill equipment at your site.
- Electronic Alarms
- Automatic Shut off Devices
There are problems that occur when you do can inspect your overfill equipment.
- Automatic shut off valves can break
- Does your device move freely and operate according to the manufacturer’s recommendations?
- Is the valve installed at the proper height?
- Disabled or bypassed devices (proper closure) avoiding slow drops?
- Ball floats removable and can be inspected?
- Cage intact and ball float in good condition and moves freely?
- Installed at proper height?